Maureen Hosier is a licensed psychologist, specializing in the troubled dynamics of individuals in their romantic relationships and in their family and work place relationships. Maureen and her sister, Berta Hosier Conger, co-authored two books titled, You’ll Do Anything for Her and You’ll Do Anything for Him. They look at a common issue for many in relationship, both men and women, who give up themselves to make the relationship work.
They have developed a framework for understanding the dynamics of individuals who find themselves stuck in an emotionally reactive and emotionally painful situation with their partner and who are frightened that they are destroying their relationship.
In this episode we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- How we are emotionally triggered and how to deal with an emotionally reactive position.
- Why it’s important to interrupt your emotional reactions.
- Understanding that you cannot change the other person in your relationship.
- Why both partners have to want to change who they are emotionally.
- How to avoid the impossible situation of trying to take care of your partner.
- And much more!